Monday 14 January 2013

Imbecility in the morning

I came within an ace of having a stand-up row before I even got to work this morning. I called in the newsagents outside 'work-town' station - not to buy a paper, I hasten to add, there are virtually no national newspapers that I would even deign to wipe my arse on, still less read - to be regaled by the shop assistant, a 50-something man of whom it was evident that if a thought had ever crossed his mind, it would have had an exceedingly short journey, and the customer in front of me, a person of similar stamp, opining about the Jimmy Savile affair. 'They're all bent,' was the shop assistant's considered opinion, 'celebrities, they're all bent'. Yeah, well better 'bent' than thicker than a bucket of shit, as far as I'm concerned. And then he had the effrontery to call me 'mate' when he served me. If I needed people like you as mates, mister, I'd fucking hang myself. Moron.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I think I understand the meaning of "bent" in this context, and I'm not sure I wouldn't have just turned and left. Whatever one newsagent has, another one will, too, without the miserable commentary.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Your understanding is doubtless right, 'bent' is a pejorative used in the same vein, and probably by the same sort of people, that would use 'faggot' on your side of the water. It's not actually that common these days, more a word of his (and, I suppose, my) generation, but still bloody irritating, especially thrown about in the mindless way he used it. I might well have left, had I had a readily available alternative, but, sadly I was rather stuck, given the time of day and what I needed to buy. At least the day could, and did, only improve after a start like that.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete