Wednesday 18 August 2010

Jaunting in the morning

Despite having had a couple of days to think about it, my daughter is still keen to embark on our 36 hour bout of travelling, so we'll be up before 6:00 in the morning to head out for our first train at just before 7:00. She's a resilient character, and can get by, as I can, on fairly limited amounts of sleep (although I predict she'll be in bed until lunchtime on Saturday!). We'll take the camera, so there may be a little illustrated travelogue when we get back.
I managed one of those occasional sessions of fairly fluent creativity this morning. In about four hours, I went from having an idea for a new story for 'Cuckoos' to posting it. I doubt it will be to everyone's taste, but it does at least represent a slightly different type of story compared to those I've written up to now, which was something I wanted to try to do. After the literary and personal shambles that was Oneiros, I definitely felt the need for a change.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. Hi there, Sammy

    I hope you and your daughter enjoy your travels - I look forward to the report on your return!

    Thinking along similar lines, other rail journeys that might appeal are Wye to Ware (not very far, though - and Hoo can no longer be reached by passenger train) and Bat & Ball to Bowling...

    Meanwhile, the tiredness that you're likely to feel on your return seems to have been afflicting me since the weekend, hence the lack of communication. I'm hoping that I perk up a bit so that I can get back to "Peripheral" and "Spectres", where we seem to have quite a lot in common.

    Take care

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mark
    Nice to hear from you - I should've gone to bed about a hour ago, given the time I need to be up in the morning! I think there might be some investigation of the comfort of Voyager seats, for sleeping purposes, at a fairly early juncture!

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a very nice outing you are going on. I hope you have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Brian
    A mixed bag, as I've recorded elsewhere. Thank you for your neighbourability, and aiding my current looking out for more.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete