Tuesday 24 August 2010

What's the point?

A very flat kind of day, mood-wise, and a good reflection of how I'm feeling about the blog at the moment. If I was to make a list to summarise where I feel I stand, and what the blog had achieved, it would look something like this:

  • Connect with people, or even make a few friends - FAIL
  • Do something to help others - FAIL
  • Write to a standard others find interesting - FAIL
  • Exorcise my demons - FAIL

I doubt that I'll close the blog, because I tend to stick at things once I get going, but I'm not feeling that there's much worthwhile about it at the moment.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, Sammy

    I sorry to hear you're feeling down. In the hope of cheering you up, at least a little, I think I have to disagree with your assessment of your blog and its effectiveness.

    I definitely feel connected with, and I would hope that you count me as a friend - I certainly regard you in that light.

    You definitely write things that I find interesting, both fiction and more conventional blog content, even if I don't comment on them as often as I would like.

    "Helping others" is a more difficult one. It can be very hard to make any perceptible difference to someone else's life in blog-land: one's contact with other bloggers is rather tenuous, and there are often many other voices also saying the same things. Nevertheless, I think it's worth the effort. There is, however, the question of where to concentrate that effort, and I am more likely to comment where few others do so, or where I feel I can offer a distinctive and useful point of view.

    "Exorcising demons": this is the most personal of these goals, and it's the one that the rest of us, out in blog-land, can at best only help with. You are the one who must come to terms with your sexuality - you who must accept what you cannot change. All the rest of us can do is to provide a more objective point of view - as witness "A dark place", where I hope that our comments were of some help.

    Anyway, that's my two penn'orth. I very much hope that you will continue your presence in blog-land.

    *hugs*

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mark
    Thank you for being a friend - you helped me a lot at 5:00 this morning and read your comment while I was getting ready for work. More good things have happened since - I'll elucidate shortly.

    ((Hugs))

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete