Friday 6 August 2010

Taking a step back

The last 2 weeks have been dominated, in a blogland sense, with the fallout from the 'Yacky Box' affair, and this morning's rant on my part, while I stand by what I said, seems to have marked a threshold where the blog stuff has started to encroach on my 'real' life - my wife and daughter were aware that I was agitated about something earlier on, and now are aware of my current mood of being flat and borderline depressed, and as it's not something I can speak to them about, I think it's time that I stepped back, not from blogging as a whole, but from this affair in particular. If I felt I was able to make a positive difference to those who have been affected, and to one person specifically, I would carry on, but, realistically, I've got no way of achieving what I want to achieve, so the only likely outcome is to increase my own stress levels, to the possible detriment of my family, which is obviously not an outcome I can countenance. My 'real world' responsibilities and relationships are far more important to me than anything in blogland, and I would hope most people here would be able to say the same. It's a matter of keeping things in proportion, and focusing on priorities.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. first time I have commented on hear sammy hope you don't mind. reading Rowan's blog more or less
    made up my mind about this person Richard or dick
    for short yes this saga has been going on for a few weeks or so now.and it really make me mad just how much damage this kid has done .
    g-star

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello G-star
    You're more than welcome to comment, and thank you for doing so. I'm glad to know that what I write is of sufficient interest to some people to be worth reading.
    This saga (good choice of word) has hurt a lot of people, I just hope whoever it is that's behind it all feels ashamed of themselves, although, on reflection, if they had any shame, it never would have begun.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sammy, I hope you do take some time for yourself... This can really screw up any good feelings that you have... take it from an expert!! Even tho I tried, I'm now apparently a fraud in at least one young blogger's mind, and, it's just too painful to describe... I guess it's easier to look the other way, sometimes... Much less painful... luv, tman<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Tony
    The step back is, I hope, as much for the good of my family as myself, but I have to admit there is an element of the old chestnut of 'banging your head against a wall' - it's good when it stops.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete