Saturday 28 August 2010

Not a well bunny

Having said I was going to open out the blog a bit, what's the first thing in my next post? Feeling rotten. At least this is a physical rather than emotional version of rotten, so there is a slight variation on the theme. I wasn't too bad when I first got up this morning, but by around 10:00, I was starting to come down with various virus-y symptoms - headache, aching muscles, temperature and a dose of the shivers. I didn't dare go sick from work again, having already had more than 6 weeks off this year, so I dosed myself up with whatever I could find in the medicine cupboard, went back to bed for an hour, and then got up and dragged myself off to work at lunchtime. With the help of a few more pills and a bowl of cereal to give me a sugar rush, I've managed to keep myself going up to now - about another 3 hours, and the night shift man will be here, then I'll be able to go home and curl up in a corner somewhere.
There was a really nice, happy post on Alex and Tony's blog this morning. Tony, with Alex's help, has come out to his parents, and they seem to have accepted the fact, despite their apparently being quite traditional, church-going people. It makes me wonder what would've happened if I'd come out to my parents in my teens - I think my dad might have accepted it, but I can't see my mum having done so in a million years. It's all academic, anyway, because I was so conflicted in my teens, then went through my 'suppressed years', before finally getting my head round who I am in the last year. Too late for either of my parents, sadly.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment