Thursday 12 August 2010

Non-thrilling day

Another day off, but, as is the case in this part of our 4 week roster cycle, a day permeated by tomorrow. The week after the night shift week consists of 2 late shifts, 2 days off midweek, then the start of a 5 day run of early shifts from Friday onwards. Given that, for me, early shift means getting up at just after 4:00 in the morning, it does rather tend to restrict what I can do on the Thursday, because everything needs to be geared towards an early(ish) night, to avoid being a total zombie the following morning. Having said that, this week should be my penultimate 'split' week before I move to my new job, and another new roster pattern, which will doubtless throw up its own joys(!). and, hopefully, a few bonuses to counterbalance the need to be away from home for around 60% of my life.
The very low highpoint of today was finalising a bit of bridging finance to keep us ticking over until the pay rise from my new job comes to fruition in October - at least it was nice to be able to go and do the weekend shopping without being paranoid about the final total at the checkout, not something I've been able to do for the last 2 or 3 weeks. I'm not a raging spendthrift, but I really do struggle with the idea of a 'hand-to-mouth' kind of lifestyle - I had enough of that in my childhood, and I've no ambition at all for a repeat performance.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment