Tuesday 17 August 2010

Peripheral

I'm not, and never have been, a 'people person'. This has led to my finding myself almost always on the edge of things when it comes to inter-personal dealings, and it seems that cyberspace is no different. I'm awkward, almost shy, in face to face dealings with others the vast majority of the time, but I'd hoped that the veneer of anonymity afforded by the online world might have helped me to become involved with people a little more easily than I've become accustomed to. However, that doesn't, on the whole, appear to be the case. I'm well aware that I'm not a 'sympathetic' character - there are enough things about me I don't like, so why would I be surprised that others feel the same way. The balance never quite seems to be there - either I get the impression that someone might be a potential friend, and fail by overreaching, being too keen to try to engage, or the opposite process applies, and I'm cool and detached to someone I can't believe would want to associate with me, and fail by pushing them away. It makes me sad sometimes that I can't find a way to be more sociable and more involved in life, but I guess after all these years I should be used to it. I'm sorry if I've upset anyone by my sins of commission or omission, but, ultimately, 'I am who I am', and always will be. I don't want anyone to think I'm fishing for sympathy or compliments here, I'm just trying to give an honest assessment of how I feel.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment