Saturday 22 January 2011

Beauty

I came across a photograph during my peregrinations through cyberspace earlier today which really struck a chord. It was a picture of a boy, probably around 10 or 11, more or less in profile, outdoors, looking thoughtfully at something out of frame. I have to say that it was one of the most beautiful 'portrait'-style pictures I've ever seen, and not just because it featured a very good looking boy - the whole ambience of the shot was just gorgeous. The sad thing is, many people would assume that anyone who found the photo and its subject beautiful was nothing more than a paedophile, even though, objectively, the sexual content of the image is exactly nil. I'll admit to more than a little paranoia in this area, as I've said before, but has society got to such a pitch of intolerance that a lovely picture can't be appreciated in its own right, without hauling hundredweights of prejudiced baggage into the equation?

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment