Sunday 30 January 2011

Late night, lanes and literary spring cleaning

I didn't go to bed until 3:30 this morning, something that only usually happens when I fall asleep accidentally in front of some TV programme or other, but, on this occasion, I stayed awake throughout. I was online, which almost goes without saying, reading stories and blogs, and looking at the odd bit of eye candy, as you do - well, as some do! In consequence, I got up rather later than usual, which put everything behind for hours and led to some unseemly rushing about towards lunchtime, as my daughter had to be at her friend's house at midday to do some work in connection with a school project. The place we had to get to is, as the crow flies, about four miles from here, but to get there by road is, without exaggeration, a forty mile round trip, taking in some entertaining driving round various country lanes - the joys of the estuarine geography of this part of the world! Of course, there was another similar round trip later in the afternoon to pick the girl up again - 'Dad's Taxis' open for business!
One other job I undertook today was to trawl through the unconscionable collection of drafts clogging up my 'Cuckoos' list of posts with a view to seeing what was worth salvaging. There are actually one or two things which aren't too bad, if I can make the time and find the motivation to thrash them into some sort of publishable shape. One story in particular, with a decidedly autobiographical flavour (but, then, haven't they all!), had certainly got off to a good start, and might well be a candidate for some attention. There are never enough hours in the day, or so it seems, but I think I need to give my fiction writing a slightly higher priority than it's had of late, given that was one of my stated objectives when I began blogging.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment