Thursday 27 January 2011

Pigeonholes

I've been trying to frame a post for some little while now, but I can't seem to make the words fit what I want to say. Not writer's block exactly, but more a case of finding the right way of expressing my ideas. It's a bit frustrating, really. Anyway, I'll try again.
I've been thinking about how it's common that people seem to find it necessary to attach labels to others, old, young, gay, straight, fat, thin, and then use those convenient, but, in my opinion, meaningless generalisations to make assumptions about the person the label has been attached to. My particular sexual predilection seems to have been rebranded since I last looked - hebephilia is apparently the term now being used for sexual attraction to pubescents, paedophilia being reserved for attraction to prepubescents, ephebophilia for attraction to older adolescents, and even teleiophilia for the 'normal' attraction to adults. Subdivisions of subdivisions, and on top of that 'studies' have seemingly shown that the 'normals' have higher IQ and better memory test scores than those of us in the underclasses. Given some of the braindead pondlife that pass as teleiophiles, I find that more of an insult than being called a 'paedo'. At the end of the day, I am what I am, whatever others choose to call me.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment