Monday 17 January 2011

I'm even boring myself!

After work today, while driving down to my brother's, where I'm kindly being accommodated again this week, I had yet another 'woe is me' kind of monologue rattling around in my head, which, had I had the means to do so at the time, would probably have ended up in this blog. After a couple of hours sleep and a little reflection, though, it struck me that my constant railing against my situation is not only likely to alienate anyone who is brave enough to read my blog, but it's becoming more than a little tedious to me as well. The basics of my life aren't going to change in the immediate future, unless something unforeseen happens, so what's the point in constantly complaining about things? I'm not promising anything resembling 'positive mental attitude' - that would be most out of character for me! - but a dose of lightening up wouldn't do any harm at all.
Unfortunately, if the previous paragraph might have raised expectations of some sparkling, light-hearted prose, I'm afraid I'm going to have to say that today has just been one of those mundane, rainy, back to work after the weekend kind of days, with little opportunity for thrills and spills. Mind you, getting up at 2:15 in the morning to drive 200-and-odd miles to work does tend to put a dampener on things at the best of times! On top of that, I'm working overtime again tomorrow, which will mean, with travelling, about a 15 hour day, so that's likely to be another day when it's unlikely that the floodgates of levity and jollification are going to swing open. Maybe later in the week? Who knows - but don't hold your collective breath!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Sammy,
    Your blog is your spot to write whatever you want. Don't worry about what we think, we are here as friends, who stick with you. My blog has allowed me to get crap out of me and has been an amazing spot to just let go. Hope you find that same release, too.
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    There's no doubt that some of the things I've written have been helpful to me, but all the recent negativity doesn't really fall into that category. One of my aims when I started the blog was to make it readable, and I'd still like that to be the case. Nonetheless, I do really appreciate the support and friendship I've received, and, knowing me, there will still be plenty of occasions when I just vent and let substance trump style!

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete