Wednesday 19 January 2011

Bloody exhausted

Up in the middle of the night on Monday, 12 hour shift on Tuesday, up almost as early as Monday again today so I could commute to work by train and save a bit of money - I'm totally running on empty at the moment, leaving me feeling utterly braindead. Hence, at least in part, the current lack of meaningful blog posts. I know this is only the third week back at work after the New Year break, but I'm already feeling in desperate need of some time off, even if only a long weekend.
I think the time of year accentuates the lack of energy and enthusiasm as well - far more hours of darkness than daylight, not very prepossessing weather, all that kind of thing, adding up to a dose of the winter blues. It is something I've been prone to for many years, although my wife says she can't tell the difference, because I'm miserable all the time (thanks for the few kind words!). On that note, I think it's time for a power nap!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. Hi there, Sammy

    I'm sorry to hear how you're feeling - your schedule does sound pretty grim. I would guess that it's not leaving you any time to find some accommodation nearer, so there's no immediate prospect of relieving the situation either.

    I agree with your about the darkness and the weather: I seem to find each successive winter a bit more gloomy and dispiriting.

    Take care

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mark
    It is all a bit wearing at the moment - I had my 'power nap' this afternoon, but I'm still gearing up for an early night shortly preparatory to doing it all over again tomorrow.
    I know what you mean about the winters becoming less bearable as time goes on - anoter sign of incipient old age, I suspect!

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd go nuts with your schedule. Too bad your wife doesn't recognize the sacrifice to keep in the family from arrears.

    I've got no more time off (no long weekends or anything) until later April, and then only if I take a vacation day. So I'll be sleep deprived by every Friday afternoon and lose half my Saturday to catching up.

    Good luck maintaining equilibrium with your hours!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jay
    I think I might be spending more of this coming weekend asleep than would normally be the case. I've got a week off booked to coincide with my daughter's half term school holiday in four weeks time, it can't come soon enough!

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete