Tuesday 26 July 2011

Being yourself, and a way forward

Having read back what I wrote earlier this morning - and having had a few hours sleep, which has helped, too, the joys of night shift, and all that - a few thoughts have occurred to me. First and foremost, I know I've got no divine right to have anyone read my blog. Rather than bitching about being ignored, the answer is to go out and write something better, more interesting, more literate, more in tune with what people want to read. Having said that, what I write can only come from my own perspective - it's a truism, no doubt, but there's no-one else's perspective I can write from. In that connection, though, I appreciate that there are going to be people, numerous people, who are never going to be able to accept that who and what I am is anything other than reprehensible, who believe that even if I remain celibate until my dying day, the mere fact that I find boys desirable is more than enough to justify me being rounded up with those like me and despatched to the nearest gas chamber. Well, I'm afraid that those who believe that and I are going to have to agree to disagree, because, as I've said before, after the best part of 40 years of consciously being a boylover, even if I didn't know what to call my feelings at first, I'm not expecting a 'road to Damascus' conversion any time soon.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Eh, I am of the opinion that if you don't like what you read here, on a personal blog, that purports to be nothing more - not an attempt to "convert" anyone, not an attempt to even convince anyone of anything, then go the bloody hell away and read something else. I guess there's a reason there is a "Next Blog>>" link at the top.

    You're right, there are those who condemn you no matter what, same applies to me, and lots of others, for all kinds of reasons from "the Bible told me so" to "just cause".

    Be yourself and ignore the ones who aren't able to believe you. And in all honestly, do they think you'd admit to who you were in a place where, truth be known, you could be found out by authorities if someone had reason to believe you'd committed a crime??? Yeesh.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    That's pretty much the gist of what I was saying - I speak honestly, and speak as myself, because there's no-one else I can realistically be. And, as you so rightly say, no-one is forced to read what I write, and no-one will be forced by me to do or be anything they wouldn't choose to do or be - and that most assuredly includes any boys I might come into contact with.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete