Sunday 10 July 2011

That's as close as you'll get to me coming out today

My wife has just stomped off because I wouldn't expand on a comment I made in response to a documentary I was watching about the 'Maleus Maleficarum', and the history of witch hunting. There was a line in the programme about people in the Salem witch trials being accused as witches themselves if they made any attempt to defend the accused, and I said that there was an issue I could think of where the same scenario applied in this day and age. I was thinking about inter-generational relationships, of course, but I wasn't going to say so explicitly, and when I told my wife she would know what I was talking about if she thought about it, she said she wasn't interested in thinking about riddles, and left the room. As ever - thinking is the problem. If people thought, rather than reacting, there might be a bit more likelihood of understanding. On this issue, though, probably not. Just call me evil, and then switch off. It doesn't change the truth, but it salves the 'normal' conscience.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment