Saturday 9 July 2011

Does anyone else find Michele Bachman as worrying as I do?

It could be said that, as a Brit, this is none of my business, but the prospect, however remote it might be, of Michele Bachman being elected to the post which, de facto, would make her the most powerful person in the world, frightens me to death. A racist, homophobic, bigoted, anti-scientific fundamentalist Christian president, one who has apparently said she's in politics and holds the opinions that she holds because 'God told me to', and can thus abdicate any responsibility for her actions to her (in my opinion) imaginary deity, how could it not be an utter disaster? World War 3 (a fundie Christian jihad against Islam, no doubt) and irreversible climate change, or resource wars and 'Kill the poor'. I'm convinced at least one, if not more of them would be inevitable under such an administration. Has anyone got Ford Prefect's phone number, so I can hitch a lift to somewhere else in the galaxy, a long, long way from here?

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

6 comments:

  1. The answer is "42"...LOL

    I agree with you, and I live here. I've never been so anti-Republican/Tea Partisan/conservative as I am right now. I don't think she's got a snowball's chance in hell of getting elected, but stranger things have happened (look who's president now).

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    I don't know if you've ever come across Randy's blog (http://wordsthateffect.blogspot.com/, or in my blog list), but he posted 4 minutes before me on the same kind of subject, so it's not just us 'foreigners' interfering! Seriously, though, as I think I said somewhere else recently, the thought of a theocratic US, with the military muscle that your country has, is scary, and no mistake.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. As an American, I'd like to say... HELP!!!

    hugs;
    randy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Randy
    I hope you and your fellow citizens help yourselves, and the rest of the world, by consigning this woman to the oblivion she so richly deserves.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sammy,
    much like you say in your above piece on the tabloid's atraction due to not requiring the higher brain functions to be a reader/follower, we have fallen into odd ruts of our own. Such as: Kardashians. Americans seem fascinated by the freak show, vapid clowns and hate mongers. I don't understand it.
    Gees! Can you imagine her 'foriegn policy'?
    I may need to emigrate!

    hugs;
    randy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Randy
    It's probably the 'foreign policy' aspects that scare me the most - the old chestnut about 'America sneezing, and the world catching a cold' springs to mind. I've long had a paranoiac vision of me ending up in a 'boylovers' concentration camp', and a theocratic US galloping about the world 'persuading' other countries of the 'error of their ways' seems to me to bring that prospect a lot closer.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete