Sunday 17 July 2011

Publish and be damned....or maybe read, at least

After chatting with my daughter, who's found a website where she's posted a few chapters of a (very good) story she's writing, I've decided to dip my authorial toes into the same waters. I've posted a couple of my (in my opinion, only) better, and less racy(!) stories from 'Cuckoos', and they've already had a few reads, in the 12 hours or so since I set the account up. I'm not expecting to suddenly be lionised as some great hope of English literature, but I'm interested to see what reaction, if any, the stories might elicit from a different audience.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. Cool!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    I'll give it a go, and see how people react. The worst that can happen is that I get some negative feedback, but that can be useful in itself, part of a learning process.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter might like Inkpop.com - it's a teen-centric (or was when I used it) platform for sharing stories. It's run by Harper (Or some other publishing company) and at the least has some very good stories on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello
    My daughter is on Wattpad, and seems to like it, but I'll point her in the direction you suggest - she's a keen reader as well as writing herself. Thank you.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete