Friday 22 July 2011

Definitely will be

Back to work on Sunday, that is, barring thoroughly unforeseen circumstances. My 'quick chat' with my manager was conducted by phone, and I'd already been slotted into my expected place on next week's roster, so my musing about 'rubber stamping' yesterday seems to have been close to the truth. Not only that, but I've been asked to work overtime next week, so it seems as though I've been comprehensively taken back into the fold. I'll reserve judgment on whether that's a good thing until I've got through a few shifts.
Between waiting for my manager to summon me to the presence (which he didn't, ultimately, as I said) and a not very good night's sleep last night, I ended up doing very little today. This is probably going to sound pathologically selfish, but after the pressures and traumas of the last two weeks, I've actually quite enjoyed being on my own and 'out of the loop', with no compulsion to do anything very much. I even posted a new story in 'Cuckoos', albeit not a particularly long one, and one that had been sitting as a half-finished draft for months as well, but just having the space to do that was more than I've been used to for a while.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Congrats?

    I know how nice it is to just have some time to yourself. Glad you enjoyed it.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    The question mark is in just the right place! I'm still pretty dubious about going back, but we'll see how tomorrow goes.
    I did enjoy my downtime yesterday, as I said - I just felt a bit guilty about it, I suppose, in thinking solely of myself after all the family related stuff of recent weeks.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete