Wednesday 27 July 2011

Just thinking aloud

I'm just about to get ready to head back into work again, for more overtime - a twelve hour shift coming up. What I don't get is why I'm still doing it, day after day, week after week, just to not quite have enough to pay the bills, never mind any thought of having a life, somewhere in between. Add to that my well-documented personal issues, local, national and international news that only seems to elicit despair, a feeling of humanity waiting to eat itself alive at any moment, and I've almost been reduced to the point of tears. It gets better, they say. The lack of evidence of that being reality rather than vain hope is grinding me down.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

3 comments:

  1. You just have to always consider the alternative. Like me, I hate getting so old with all the troubles and problems that brings with it, but the alternative to getting old isn't much fun to consider either. We just keep on keeping on, in hope that there will be some bright times in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sammy,
    In August 2001, I lost my job. Then 9/11 hit, and the job market just dried up for me. I got lucky, and found a job 5 months later that paid less than I had been making in about 1995. It took until this May - when I finally got a promotion - to make more than I did in 1999, and every month was a struggle, none more so than the last 2 years since I bought my housemate out of his half of the house when he got married and bought his own house (oh, and had to add a truck payment when the previous vehicle just got to the point of unreliability). All I can say it, be patient. I was in deep despair for a long time, but it does get better, eventually.

    At least, as I figured it, it couldn't get any worse.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Brian & Jay
    Keeping on keeping on - that's about a complete summary of my life at the moment. I know there are others much worse off than me, when I look at things objectively, but the only life I'm leading is mine, and there are days when I find it hard to justify it to myself, and yesterday was one of those. Today's another day, though, and things rarely look irremediably bleak for more than a day at a time, fortunately. Thanks for your support.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete