Sunday 17 July 2011

Pressure cooker

DJ - if you see this, or are made aware of it, and you don't want me to use your picture, let me know and I'll remove it.

((Hugs))
Sammy B

I remembered this picture DJ posted a while ago, and it sums up pretty well how life is making me feel at the moment. Apart from the obvious issue of the impending funeral, and the way it's affecting my wife and daughter, I've got a major decision to make some time in the next 12 hours or so, because I've arranged to ring my manager in the morning, to discuss the next steps as far as my job is concerned. And I haven't got a clue what I'm going to tell him. I know what my gut feeling is, but my head says that if I follow that feeling, there will be so many deleterious consequences to contend with. If I wasn't already aware of the mounting pressure, my heart arrhythmia has begun to break through the medication again, an issue that can feed on itself, so to speak, because, as most people probably appreciate, anything affecting the workings of the heart is a big worry in its own right. Stay strong, many would say, but to remain unbending can lead to a catastrophic break. I wish I could find a straightforward answer, but I know there isn't one.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

6 comments:

  1. You're in quite an unenviable position, and there's no one that can make that decision. I think you need to listen to your head, due to the consequences of gut reasoning. Please, though, calm down, your heart doesn't need the stress.

    I'll be thinking about you, Sammy. !HUG!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    I've spoken to my manager, and head has ruled heart - I'll post about it later. Thanks for your support.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sammy;
    I've been off on a short vacation, just a 'get away from the area and visit family' type thing.
    I have no words of wisdom, no thoughts on your situations that I could somehow impart to make things better. I just wanted to tell you that I've read what you wrote, empathised a bit, and sending off a hug.
    You're a good man. Hang strong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Randy
    Thank you for your kind words and thoughts.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear logic prevailed rather than emotion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Brian
    I'm just about to write about it - I still have my doubts.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete