Tuesday 5 July 2011

OK, guilty as charged - EPIC FAIL

A week ago, I decided that my blogging 'career' was over, and that 'Sammy B' was going to be consigned to the dustbin of history. It had run its course, the negatives had begun to outweigh the positives, I'd lost all my enthusiasm, etc, etc. Only one small snag. I've found that I miss it too much, that I do actually still need this place as a sounding board, safety valve, comfort blanket, whatever you want to call it. So, if you don't mind, disregard Vale in 'Cuckoos', forgive me for my irresolution and indulge my addiction/compulsion. I don't know yet which direction the blog will head in, whether I'll go back to posting more or less every day or produce something a bit more selective, or even something completely different. When I find out, you'll be the first to know.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sammy;
    Recently I too found that the direction of my blog no longer quite matched the direction of my heart and mind. I've been trying to make some changes in the blog and in my blogging, in part to reflect the changes I feel in my heart and in part to reflect the avenue I want to go....as in forward.
    I think that is perhaps the success of my blog, in that it has allowed me to grow and change. I wonder if you are feeling the same, that your blogging is not quite a match for your heart and mind at this present moment? Since the blogs become so personal, so much an outgrowth of us as the blogger, is it a surprise to find that they need to grow or change a bit?
    Whatever way you take your blog, I'm rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, Sammy

    Welcome back. There's no shame in changing your mind in the light of experience - very much the reverse, to my mind. I look forward to seeing what you post, however often you feel like posting.

    Take care

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you feel that writing on your blogs benefits you in any way or just gives you something to do with your excess time away from home, I see no reason to stop doing it. Sometimes just putting thoughts into writing allows us to more clearly understand them. You may never get any useful feedback but that doesn't really matter: just putting your thoughts down can provide the benefit. But who knows? Perhaps something someone says may give you some insight you wouldn't otherwise achieve. One thing about it: it's affordable therapy, no cost involved at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been there. Done that. Several times. And I also reached the same conclusion as you did; Blogging actually serves a purpose, sometimes it takes a break and a good thinking to see it though.

    I'm glad you have decided to keep it up. I definitely would have missed you. No doubt about that.

    Love
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello everyone
    Sorry if my answering your comments en bloc seems a bit impersonal, but your kind words have been about the only bright spot in what has been a spectacularly bad day for me. I'll probably post about it tomorrow, when I've got my head a bit straighter. Thank you all.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete