Monday 11 July 2011

Priorities

After a few false alarms over the past weeks, it looks as though the time is near for my mother-in-law, I'm sad to say. My wife is going to travel up to the Midlands tomorrow afternoon, and I'll be calling my manager in the morning to let him know that my 'rebrief' will have to be postponed. He might not like it, but family stuff comes first. Given my attitude towards my job at the moment, if he does cut up rough, I'd probably tell him to shove it where the sun doesn't shine anyway.
Just to add another layer of complication to the situation, my daughter isn't well, either, unusually for her - it looks like she might have a throat infection or something similar, so she's been off school today, spending most of the day in bed looking pretty woebegone, poor thing, and will be off to the doctor's tomorrow if there's no improvement.
Just to alleviate the unremitting bad news, my brother called me to let me know he's got a new job, not only with better pay, but office-based and around a 40 minute drive from his place, meaning he'll be home every night, rather than the extensive travelling he's had to do over the past few years. Hopefully a bit of his good luck might rub off on us.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

5 comments:

  1. Sammy

    I'm sorry to hear about your mother-in-law: expected, but still unwelcome news. One small silver lining to the current clouds - you're already at home to look after your daughter, rather than your wife having to wait for you to get back from London.

    Other than that, about all I can offer is my sympathy, whatever it's worth. I'll be thinking of you.

    Take care

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, Sammy. Looks like we're both dealing with the unexpected. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife and daughter.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mark & Jay
    Thank you both for your kind words. We're battling on as best we can, as ever.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be there for those who are still alive. That's the biggest job at funerals.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Micky
    We're not quite at the funeral stage yet, but I doubt it will be long, sadly. I'll do my best to provide the support that will be needed.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete