Friday 15 July 2011

Today's sermon

I've been told I preach, and I'm comparable to a child murderer, so I might as well combine those two elements and post accordingly.
Just in case anyone is in any doubt about what I am, here is a brief resumé. I'm a 51 year old British man, married with a 13 year old daughter, who also happens to be a self-confessed homosexual hebephile. Without wishing to patronise anyone, that means that I'm sexually attracted to pubescent boys. This is an aspect of my character which has been present since I was a pubescent boy myself, but which, probably more from fear than virtue, I've kept hidden and under control for almost 40 years. I'm not especially proud of my sexuality, but I'm not especially ashamed of it, either, because it is something that comes from within, and is part of me, as little under my control as being brown-eyed or right-handed. What I can control, though, is whether I allow my sexuality to hurt other people, in particular the tranche of the population that I'm actually attracted to. Hitherto, I've managed to avoid that eventuality, albeit due to the courage, in one instance, more than 25 years ago, of an 11 year old boy, who saved me from myself by being able to tell me that he didn't want the sexual contact I mistakenly thought he did. If simply desiring what I desire makes me comparable to a murderer, then all I can say is mea culpa. 'Thoughtcrime is a terrible thing', as Parsons says in Nineteen Eighty-Four. If that makes people want to condemn me, feel free. I'll attempt to answer rational points of view rationally, but reserve the right to deal with kneejerk reactions with the level of seriousness I see fit.
And I'm not going away. any time soon, even though some might think I've outstayed my welcome.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

3 comments:

  1. Interesting after reading the last post. I guess you're getting email or something?

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as you have control over yourself, nobody has the right to judge.
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guten Tag Nikki
    I would like to think so, but others might disagree. What you are, to some people, trumps what you do.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete