Friday 8 July 2011

Long day, short on answers

Away for nearly 12 hours, for a 45 minute session with my manager. Lovely. He told me that I wasn't going to be sacked, which I guess counts as a positive, although, as I told him in return, I still haven't decided whether I want to go back in any case. I've got some more time to think about what to do, because I'm going to be suspended for another week, and then I'm due to be off on a long weekend next weekend, so, if I do eventually go back, it won't be for almost a fortnight, apart from a day to be decided next week when I'll be summoned for a 'rebriefing' session - basically telling me again what I already know, so that my manager can tick a checkbox to say that I've been rebriefed. Bureaucracy gone mad, as ever.
I went up by road, not being in the mood for 10 hours on trains, but, as is the way of such things, I probably would've been better off if I'd stuck to public transport. The journey back, in particular, was a nightmare, all sorts of holdups and swarms of idiots playing dodgems to try and get two places further on in the seemingly interminable queues The only good part of the trip was the last 3 minutes before I got home, when I saw no less than 5 serious cuties, including 'controversial bedroom window' boy and two of his friends, all of whom I would sell my soul for, if I had one to sell!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are not going to be sacked, that is definitely a positive. Now you've just got to get your mind worked out so you can feel right about going back to the job, deciding what changes you can make in the way you conduct your job so that this situation doesn't occur again. Enjoy your time at home and don't dwell too much on why you have this extra time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sammy

    Many thanks for the update. The fact that you're not being sacked is definitely good news: it means the decisions about the future are now in your hands.

    As far as I can see, you have no practical choice other than to continue in your present job. Having been through this experience, I think you will be even more conscientious and safety-conscious in future, as you will always be mindful of what might have happened, and will be extra vigilant to ensure it can't occur again.

    Anyway, the decision is yours. I suggest you take your time over it; if you'd like a sounding board for your thoughts, please feel free to e-mail me.

    Take care

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew, that is a relief! As nutty as bureaucracies can be, at least this one seems mindful of the stresses and distractions that can cause errors.

    I hope you make a decision that is to everyone's benefit. Good luck.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could have been way worse, right? Hope you manage to make the best of your time "off". I'm think you eventually will come up with what to do. Given some distance things have a tendency to appear in a much brighter light.

    Love
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello everyone
    With a few hours' reflection, the immediate positive is that the ball is in my court, as it were - I still have to make a major decision, but at least the decision is mine to make. The balance of probability, of course, is that I will go back, simply because of the deleterious consequences of taking the other course, although I've still got to find a way of coming to terms with what's happened. Thank you all for your kindness.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete