Tuesday 12 July 2011

Waiting for some news

My wife is en route to meet up with her sister and then to go and visit her mum in Staffordshire - the hospice has pretty much open visiting hours for family, apparently - so there may well be some news in the next hour or two. From what my sister-in-law said when I spoke to her yesterday, I just hope my wife gets there in time.
My conversation with my manager actually went better than I'd expected - he seemed genuinely sympathetic and helpful, and didn't raise any objections to my staying off work until at least next week. Not the way I would have chosen to have had some time at home, but beggars can't be choosers. I took my daughter to the doctors today, to be told, as expected, that she has a throat infection, being prescribed some antibiotics to help deal with it. She's been feeling rather better today, apart from the soreness caused by the bug, and might even go back to school tomorrow, although that won't be decided until the morning. I get the feeling she wants to go back, not so much because she's bored at home, but because it's getting close to the end of the school year, and there's various 'fun' stuff going on. I wouldn't want her to miss out on enjoying herself, but, equally, there's no point in her going in if she ends up being sent home again.

2345 edit: My wife didn't make it in time - her mum died at 8:00 tonight. I've just told my daughter, too. They both seem to be bearing up as well as can be expected in the circumstances. Sadness.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment