Wednesday 30 October 2013

Been and gone

Well, I had my day and a half with K, and now she's off at her next port of call. It was, of course, lovely to see her, but there was a distinct feeling of 'out of sight, out of mind', in that she was supposed to text and let me know she'd arrived, but didn't bother until I prompted her, several hours after the event. She 'forgot', allegedly - yes, I know she's a teenager, and I'm a boring old fart, but, as I told her, it does reassure me if I know she's safe and sound. The joys of parenthood, part whatever.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHA, yeah, olde farte! Glad you had a good time with K! A day and a half in her life is FOREVER, daddio! ;-)

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, you ought to cull your blogroll...that "Closeted Dave" site isn't the nice kid from Venezuela any more, it's a retail site.
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      It was a good time, and K still seems keen to move up this way next summer, so, with any luck in my life, these occasional oases of her company will become a thing of the past.
      I know about the 'recycling' of some of the URL's of now-defunct blogs, but there's a degree of 'sentimental value' involved in still having them in my blog list, so, as long as the content isn't offensive, I'll probably leave them as they are, for now, anyway.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete