Thursday 10 October 2013

Reasons to be (slightly more) cheerful

I've just been speaking to K, and I certainly feel a little better than I did before the phone call. She's had a couple of A grades in important pre-exam tests, including her English Language mock, and she's also e-mailed the college she would most like to attend if she does move up here next summer, in a very preliminary way, although she hasn't had a reply yet (her e-mail was only sent yesterday, so there's no panic). We also talked about a plan which has gelled in my mind in the past couple of hours, and which certainly seems to be doable, namely for her to come up for Christmas, and for us to eat and drink exactly where I am now - in my 'London local'. There are rooms available in a 'lodge' style hotel ten minutes walk away, at an affordable price, and places still free for Christmas Day lunch here. The only thing I wouldn't want, though, is for my ex to be left on her own as a result, so I've asked K to have a chat with her mum before we get any further into the planning stage. If I'm being honest, though, I'd love to spend the festive season with my girl. We'll have to see how it pans out.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

3 comments:

  1. Excellent! A few days with K would be awesome! And quite frankly, it's about time someone thought about YOUR well-being for a change. Her mom can let her spend time with you this year, there's a lot more years to come! I hope it all works out, too!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I have at least one other option for Christmas, namely going to my brother's, whereas I'm not sure that my ex would have a 'Plan B' if K wasn't with her. A 'London Christmas' would be nice, though. We'll have to see what happens, I guess.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  2. Yes, there is that, but K is your daughter, too!
    Jay

    ReplyDelete