Monday 28 October 2013

Frustration, but awesomeness, too

One of those decidedly mixed days. I went to bed last night, along, no doubt with millions of others, wondering whether the meteorological Armageddon we'd been promised (threatened with?) for days was actually going to come to pass, only to wake up this morning with little to show for the apocalyptic prognostications - except that the train service in most of South East England was non-existent. There were various trees on the line and other damage, but I have little doubt that most of the reluctance to commit to running a service until everything imaginable had been checked and rechecked to a ludicrous degree was down to fear of ambulance-chasing lawyers, had an incident ensued.
My journey to town was circuitous, to say the least - I had to catch a slow and not very comfortable, albeit punctual, local bus to get myself into the Oystercard zone, but K's situation was worse. There were no trains at all from her friend's local station until teatime, so I still haven't met up with her, although that should be remedied in just over an hour, given a fair - or preferably no! - wind. My meanderings around London weren't entirely without bonuses, though - the start of half term, 'hurricanes' notwithstanding, seem to have brought the cuties out in droves, especially, it seems, blond guys. I think I've fallen in love - or lust! - about a dozen times today! I hope the rest of the week is as visually rewarding!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I heard that you mostly had a "flash in the pan" of a storm, though I haven't heard from my friend in Cornwall yet.

    Sounds like a good day, and hope K gets things straightened out!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      K's finally on the premises in 'domicile-ville', which, of course, has helped my mood greatly. The storm was, in places, pretty bad by UK standards, but the amount of disruption it caused this morning was, I have to say, disproportionate. Still, we should be back to something like normal by tomorrow.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete