Tuesday 22 October 2013

Downtime, or wasted time?

It could probably be convincingly argued that I've largely wasted my day off today - it was raining, again, early on, which didn't exactly inspire me to rush around getting ready to go anywhere, but I did finally get showered and so forth, before heading off to the hospital for yet another rat poison blood test, the only substantive thing that's happened so far today. After an hour of waiting around for the test, I came straight back to 'domicile-ville', and, more or less, straight to the pub, where I've been ever since. I'll be back to work in the morning, so I won't be here for too much longer - and my Kindle will run out of battery life in the fairly near future, too - so after a bit of shopping, it will be back to base again. 'Shorter of breath, and one day closer to death', as Mr Waters observed many moons (dark sides and all!) ago. The upside, though, is that I am, at least, relatively chilled, something unlikely to change too much, especially in the wake of the couple more pints I'm likely to imbibe before I leave here. I guess I could've done something more worthy, but downtime is sometimes its own reward.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment