Thursday 17 October 2013

Discharge, and a collateral benefit of a strike

I had a follow-up appointment with the thoracic consultant at my local hospital this morning, and, after a chest X-Ray and a chat with the doctor, I've been discharged, the official 'end' of my pneumonia and its after-affects, I guess. I'm going to be referred back to the cardiology people, though, largely because the chest doctor thinks I should stay on the rat poison because of my ongoing heart condition. Not if I can help it, I can assure you! Part two of today's medical thrills and spills came an hour or so ago, when I went to my GP's for a flu vaccination, which even I, with my reluctance to engage with health matters, think is a good idea, after the dramas of May and June. The absolute last thing I want is to run any risk of ending up in hospital again.
Much of England has been affected by a teachers' strike today - K has had a buckshee day off - including 'domicile-ville' and surrounding areas. The benefit, from my point of view, is that there have been more than a few cuties out and about, given that it's a reasonably nice day. There was one in particular, as I walked down to Wetherspoons a while ago, 14-ish (yes, I know that's still under the UK age of consent, but it wouldn't be in numerous other places), who I would quite happily have sold my (non-existent) soul for. And I don't think I was alone - a girl of around the same age with his group of friends appeared to be thinking along very similar lines, the way she was looking at him!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Glad the bill of health is improving! I need to get my flu shot. One of the co-workers was expounding on his reluctance to get one - seems his favorite religious blogger thinks they don't work this year and that God will protect him. ARGH! Cause this idiot will show up sick and give it to us all!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I'm certainly pleased to have put at least one element of my health issues behind me, hopefully definitively.
      People like your colleague annoy me intensely - while I would never attempt to deny him his right to believe whatever Bronze Age nonsense he chooses, to make decisions based on those superstitions that could have extremely serious affects on others is completely unforgivable, as far as I'm concerned. A printout of articles about the millions who have been killed in past flu epidemics left on his desk might be salutary, although, knowing the way that some of these religiots think, that their god will personally intervene on their behalf, maybe not.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete