Friday 25 October 2013

En passant

Well, I spent the princely total of an hour and a half with my daughter this afternoon, between meeting her at Paddington at 3:30 and dropping her off, and into the company of one of her cyberfriends, at a small station on the Hertfordshire/Cambridgeshire border at 5:00. I only went to her friend's local station because she hadn't previously met him in person, and just about the only rule my ex and I have ever insisted on as regards K's 'cyberlife' is that she shouldn't meet anyone in real life for the first time that she's only met online unless someone else is with her, preferably one of us. It all went smoothly, the young man (he's a year older than K) was who he purported to be, and was expecting me to be with K, as they'd discussed it in advance. My girl was quite happy with the arrangements, too - she's sensible enough to want to be careful of her own safety, which, ultimately, is what the exercise was about. I will see some more of her after the weekend - she's coming back to London on Sunday evening to meet up with me when I finish work, and staying with me until Tuesday, before going on to get together with some more friends, who she has met a number of times before, later in the week. Crumbs from her table, a little, for me, but I'll take what I can get for the moment. Because there's still a chance, maybe even more than a 50/50 chance, that she'll be living with me by this time next year. I certainly hope so.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment