Thursday 31 October 2013

The ultimate timewaster, revisited

I have, if I'm being honest, spent an inordinate proportion of my life playing computer games of one sort or another, going right back to my good old Sinclair ZX81 thirty or more years ago. If I have to nominate one game, or series of games, on which I've wasted the most time, though, there's just one candidate - the Sports Interactive series of football management simulations, Championship Manager/Football Manager, which I first came across in the early nineties, and of which I was, frankly, an addict for nearly twenty years. Ironically enough, it was my entry into blogging which finally dragged me away from the 'virtual dugout', if not exactly into more productive pastimes. After a three year hiatus from the game, though, I've bought the latest version, released yesterday, this afternoon, despite the fact that I can as already see much more of my diminishing stock of days disappearing as a result! Addiction is a terrible thing!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment