Sunday 3 April 2011

....and I'll hang myself

Give me enough rope, as I said a couple of weeks ago. And not for the first time of late, I had a bloody good go at hanging myself at lunchtime. My wife and I ventured out to buy her a pair of shoes she'd seen a few days ago, which we successfully achieved, but it all nearly went wrong when we called at our local supermarket on the way back to pick up some odds and ends. We were meandering along the back of the shop, when I glanced down one of the aisles, to be confronted by a quite delicious boy, wearing yellow boots, as if he wasn't eye-catching enough. My wife didn't catch me looking, so I made sure she realised something had attracted my attention by closing my eyes and sighing. She asked me what I'd seen, then when I didn't come up with much of an answer beyond nervous laughter, asked me who I'd seen, which was much more pertinent. The best I could muster was a feeble 'I can't tell you', which, for some unknown reason, she accepted without further comment. To say I'm skating on thin ice is a decided understatement.
I guess I'll be safe for a few days from this evening, because I'll be travelling back to London on the overnight train, ready (well, ready-ish) for early turn tomorrow. I'll be back on the accommodation hunt again over the next couple of days, hopefully without the depressive fallout of last week.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. They do turn up in the most unexpected places, don't they?

    I just have to point out the bloody obvious - that one of the big advantages of being Civil Partner to Pete (apart from loving him deeply) is that we most often find attractive / fancy the same people!

    AND, of course, we can be open, honest and truthful with each other on the subject.

    But yes - and if I was ever to be out and about with someone I was not 'out' with (? ? ? ? ?) then I guess I'd be looking for a way out behind the crystallised fruits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Micky
    It's all, as you suggest, a function of being closeted - I'd love to be honest with the world in general, and my wife in particular, but the consequences of that scenario hardly bear thinking about. The joys of being a boylover - or something like that.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sammy

    A very scary moment. In my closeted days, I had one or two fairly close calls, but nothing like this.

    It's possible that your wife is aware of more about the situation than you think - "feminine intuition" or whatever. Unfortunately, I don't think there's any way you can safely test that hypothesis - you just have to go on trying to be as careful as you can.

    *hugs*

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Mark
    The thought along the lines of 'she may have guessed' did occur to me as an explanation of her lack of follow up, but, as you say, there's no way of finding out that wouldn't involve outing myself, so we'll have to leave it at that for now. There's been a bit more drama this evening which has probably driven the supermarket scenario out of her mind, at least for the moment. I'll elucidate shortly.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete