Friday 1 April 2011

Fully fledged

After 27 weeks, give or take (albeit including something like 7 weeks off in total, for various reasons), I passed my final assessment this morning and I'm now deemed to be fully competent in all elements of my new job, which means I'll be starting on the full roster from Monday. It seems to have taken forever, but my colleagues have suggested that it's only around half of the average time, although I suspect I'm substantially more experienced than most who've preceded me into the job. I can now set about trying to earn the substantial amounts of extra money which was the main incentive to go back to working in London in the first place. The frustration is that if my previous management had told me the truth, I could've been in this position two years ago, and not in such a parlous state financially, but that, it seems, is the way it goes.
I'm back at home now, the train journey, right from the tube trip into Central London at lunchtime, having been a bit of a boy spotting expedition. One particular cutie, who travelled a few stops on the same tube as me, was just a delight - much too young for anything but looking at, but so full of life and enthusiasm, bubbling out of him and into the world. Enough to melt the heart of even an old curmudgeon like me!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on passing the assessment. I hope this will mark an upturn in your life in general.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Brian
    Thank you.It's nice to have some good news to report for once.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! That's awesome!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jay
    Thanks - at my age, being the 'new boy' for such a long time has been a bit wearing, so I'm pleased to be able to get stuck in properly from Monday, and, of course, the extra money won't come amiss!

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete