Monday 4 April 2011

Only so much energy

The trip up to London on the overnight train didn't turn out to be too bad - the seating coaches are ex-first class, so there was plenty of room to flop and sleep reasonably comfortably, allowing me to arrive at work this morning as close to being compos mentis as I could realistically have expected. My first shift on the full roster went fairly well, although nothing too far out of the ordinary occurred - I'm sure my time to get the job round my neck will come, probably sooner rather than later!
I had good intentions of being proactive in my search for accommodation after work today, but, in the event, those intentions were overtaken by tiredness - I checked into the place I'm staying this week, which has turned out to be more than acceptable, and in an area of London close to where I used to live when I was working here in the 1980's, and thus pretty familiar, but then I rather ran out of energy. What was supposed to have been a 'power nap' ended up as almost four hours asleep, and I still feel like it's close to my bedtime! Never mind, hopefully the batteries will have been recharged by the morning, and I'll have a bit more get up and go tomorrow.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on a great first shift. Must feel good to be allowed to "drive the train"! Do you get to ring the bell, too?

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    Something like that! Thanks for the kind words.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shift work and adjusting into and out of it is never easy - leastways I never found it so and neither did many of my colleagues!

    Sounds OK though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Micky
    I've always been used to shift work - I've done 32 and a bit years of it, and I was even used to it as a kid, because my dad worked shifts - but it does seem to take more out of me now than it did. Creeping old age again, I suspect!

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete