Sunday 24 April 2011

Someone inside my head

There must have been someone walking about inside my mind lately, because I've just been reading a story, part of which involved a fictional boylover talking about the mechanics of his attraction, and it could have been written, almost word for word, by me about me, about what I'm attracted to in boys and why. Art imitating life, and no mistake. Probably eclipsing life, because it was a more logical exposition of how I feel than anything I've previously been able to come up with myself, Unbelievable, really.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Boys are nice things.

    If they were not and if we didn't like them then we might become psychotic murderers of them. That or people who went around assaulting and hurting them.

    And we are neither of those. We're just ordinary people who like other people - including kids and therefore including boys. To do otherwise would be dangerous and antisocial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Micky
    There's a substantial difference between merely being well-disposed towards boys, and being sexually attracted to them, especially in the eyes of 'normal' people - I like boys in both ways, as it happens. The thing that caught my attention about this story, though, was the elucidation, albeit fictional (although with a fair chance of being somewhat autobiographical on the author's part, I suspect) of a boylover's turn of mind, the 'how and why' as I said in the post. There's a line in Nineteen eighty-four about the best books telling what you already know, but in an organised fashion, that's how this story struck me.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete