Wednesday 13 April 2011

Nomad no more - but....

....there's not much good news otherwise. It looks very much as though I've finally found somewhere to stay when I'm away from home working, although it won't be confirmed until tomorrow afternoon, and, ironically, it's back at the place I saw a couple of weeks ago which so depressed me when it appeared to be outside my budget. It seems that the charitable trust have been convinced that I'm a case deserving of their attention, and they've offered me a discounted rent package. It's still somewhat more than I ideally would have liked to have spent, probably to the tune of around £10 a week, but it's otherwise ideal - an easy commute, all inclusive in terms of utility bills and the like, and, as I said at the time I went to see it, not at all a bad place, certainly better than some of the dingy, run-down places I could've ended up in. Assuming no last minute pitfalls appear, I could well be moving in there before the end of the week.
For the rest, though, this week hasn't exactly been full of the joys of spring. I've been pretty tired most of the week, as my sleeping arrangements have been decidedly hit-and-miss, and, this evening, I found out our finances are in even worse shape than I'd feared, when I went to the bank to get hold of some money to pay my first rent instalment tomorrow. As with my emotional and domestic situations, there's no point getting over-stressed about the money, because it won't change anything - it certainly won't magic any more cash out of thin air - but it equally doesn't make me feel like a raging success story.
Whether it's regression under pressure, or just my real self surfacing, virtually all the cuties I've seen this week have been very much at the younger end of the spectrum, even off the scale altogether in some cases, like three I saw within less than an hour this morning, who must have had a combined age of all of about 27. Before anyone gets the wrong impression, I would never get involved with boys as young as this morning's, even if they said they wanted me to, but I make no (more) apologies for saying that one of them in particular, a gorgeous little blond thing, was the sort of person I could quite happily have spent all day looking at.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. Excellent, Sammy! A decent place to live, that must be a huge relief. And if it's only 10 quid more than you wanted to pay, well that's not too bad. Hopefully the lesser commuting costs will help make up for it.

    And eye candy. Coolness. Enjoy.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, Sammy

    Congratulations on the accommodation - this is what I had hoped they were going to do for you when you first went there a fortnight ago. Hopefully it will help reduce the stress levels, and the (much!) easier commute must surely help with getting enough rest, and hence overall wellbeing.

    Meanwhile, I should say that I'm not likely to be commenting much for the next few weeks. I'm away (again!) this weekend, from tomorrow evening to Sunday evening, and then continuously from Good Friday to the Bank Holiday weekend (hopefully the Monday). The few days in between are likely to be spent planning what I'm doing on the long holiday. I'll try to keep as much up to date as I can, but there's likely to be a big catch-up phase when I get back in May.

    Take care

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jay
    It's certainly one weight off of my mind - it'll be nice to be able to finish work on a daily basis and know that there's somewhere that at least has some feel of homeliness to head for.
    And the eye candy? Yes, enjoyable, and enjoyed.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Mark
    I'm very pleased that this saga is finally coming to some sort of acceptable conclusion - although I won't be taking anything for granted until I've taken possession and closed 'my' door behind me.
    I hope your peregrinations all go according to plan and that you have a great weekend and a great holiday.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete