Saturday 2 April 2011

Sweet and sour

It really has been one of those days, swinging up and down more than once. There wasn't really anything that new in the mix, just a different permutation of the same stuff. My daughter is still away - she's due back tomorrow evening, and, if I'm lucky, I might see her for about a quarter of an hour before I have to head off again myself - so it's just been my wife and I around today. As often seems to be the case of late, all was going well for a while, before the pressures we're living with came back to haunt us, or, more accurately, haunt the interactions between us. We went out to lunch, which was nice, both in social and gastronomic terms, but we then got into fairly involved discussions about our fiscal issues, which brought it all back down to earth, and below, once again. Once the mood had deteriorated, the recriminations started to creep in - what's happened isn't, in realistic terms, anyone's fault specifically, more a malign combination of circumstances, but that isn't always easy to remember when the atmosphere becomes heated. It did settle down eventually, even to the extent of a few moments of humour creeping in, but it's all a bit disheartening overall.
Just as a consolation prize, though, I came across an unbelievably cute video of an unbelievably cute boy on a blog I peruse from time to time (here - http://beautifulplanet.me/78457/?p=1898). Sweetness personified, and, in my opinion, you don't remotely have to be a boylover to appreciate it.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. Oh dear! Money is not an easy subject when there's not enough to go around. At least the food was good and aside from the inevitable subject it sounds like the before and even the after weren't so bad.

    Overall maybe you shouldn't be too down over that - of course I don't know and don't want to know exactly what was said - but as you said, if there was even an attempt at some humour afterwards then it seemed you guys didn't want to leave it on a sour note. That's good!

    I'm nor sure if you can see the two parts of your week as being complimentary and actually potentially good for both of you - but it might be worth trying to see that point of view at some quieter time over the next few days.

    Don't be too down anyway. Remember - spring is coming and the boys are stripping off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video was amazing, gave me something to smile and laugh about for a few hours :D

    -Joe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Micky
    Absence makes the heart grow fonder, and all that? At least we can't tear each others' throats out if we're 220 miles apart! Seriously, though, things aren't that bad between us, it's just that the relentless pressure finds any small cracks there are, and exacerbates them.
    Boys in Springtime - thereby hangs another tale, of which more in my next post.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Joe
    I don't usually go for videos like that, but he was just so sweet I couldn't resist!

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete