Thursday 21 April 2011

Listen to your heart, please

Don't get yourself entangled like I have, by trying to do what you think others want you to do. You've only got one life, one pitifully short life in this world, and if you spend it pretending to be something you're not, it's a gratuitous waste of your potential, of your happiness. Second place is nowhere, second best is nothing.
I've known who I am since I was 13, give or take, so I've wasted three-quarters of my life. Trust your instincts, be yourself. There's nobody else, ultimately, that you can be.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. If only we could go back, huh?

    Hugs to you, Sammy.

    randy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Randy
    Hindsight is the most useless commodity known to man, but, yes, I would have done it differently, had I realised how things would be.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely right!

    Courage is a marvellous attribute for someone who is bi or gay or trans sexual.

    And certainly, for those of us in Western Europe and certain other countries, things today are a deal more positive and friendly towards the GLBT community than was the case in times even recently past.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Micky
    All a bit late for me, but a lack of courage is probably a major contributory factor in my current position. If one person reads this, and even thinks about whether they can live a lie, forever, I feel I'll have achieved a small success.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete