Sunday 24 April 2011

A smidgen of achievement

As planned, I've had a very quiet day, rest, relaxation, and a little bit of writing (a variant on those alliterative but not very literate schoolday '3 R's', I suppose). After stuttering rather worryingly for a couple of weeks, I've finally manage to finish and post the next chapter of 'Noctivagant' on the other blog - not a long, or an especially brilliant chapter, but at least it's there now, and I'm ready to move onto the next bit. I started another story as well, in another different genre, but that's stalled after three paragraphs - I might be able to resuscitate it, but I need a bit of a rethink, I suspect.
Back to the grind tomorrow - just a mere 11 shifts to go, and then I'll be on a six day long weekend. It seems a long way off at the moment, but I'm not going to start wishing my life away by hoping it was closer - life's short enough as it is.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Shift work.

    You'll survive.

    In he end it's a life balance which we wouldn't design for ourselves, but we go with because the rewards make it worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Micky
    I don't have a problem with shift work, I've always worked shifts, and my dad worked shifts as well when we were kids, so it's always been part of my life. If anything, I find '9 to 5' type hours, on the odd occasions I have to work them, more of a disturbance, probably because it's not what I'm used to. It just seems a long time until my next day off!

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete