Friday 15 April 2011

The end?

Well, here I am, sitting in my living room at home, when I should be a couple of hours into my night shift. My manager eventually rang to confirm his opposite number's decision, although he 'kindly' waited until almost 4:00 this afternoon before he called me, which meant my journey back to Cornwall began in the teeth of the West London rush hour. Once I'd got past the M25, though, the rest of the trip wasn't too bad, a small mercy in a traumatic day. It could all be a distant memory before long, though - given the contemporary 'blame' culture, which my employer seems to fully subscribe to, all the 'powers-that-be' want is someone who they can nail to the wall, and it looks very much that yours truly is going to be the 'nailee' in this instance.
I've been through the ranting and self-pity stages, more than once each, today, but now, as the day comes to an end, all I feel is flat and apathetic. It doesn't, seemingly, matter how good you are or for how long, all that's significant is your last mistake - or sometimes, someone else's mistake.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. So what happens next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Brian
    I sit at home and wait for my manager to ring me and tell me when I have to present myself in his office. Great way to spend a weekend....not.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. WTF? A little more, please...this already pissed me off!
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jay
    If you're pissed off, you can imagine how I feel! I just have to wait to be summoned to the presence, either on Monday or Tuesday, to learn my fate - I could be sacked, downgraded, I could even be exonerated, stranger things have happened. This is assuming I don't decide to tell them to stick their job up their arse in the interim, which is a considerable temptation, I have to say.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete