Wednesday 30 March 2011

Desert of neutrality

After yesterday, I suppose a thoroughly bland, almost blank day was just what the proverbial doctor ordered. Got up, went to work, came back, power nap, internet, food, more internet. That's it, really. There are many other things I no doubt could have done, although the chilly, wet weather of the middle part of today didn't really encourage much in the way of outdoor life, but I chose not to.
The reshuffle at my wife's workplace is in full swing, given the impending end of the financial year, with various people leaving. My wife would have been amongst them, but for a three-month contract extension to allow more time for her particular project to be reallocated, hence her stay of execution until the end of June. Quite what we're going to do after that remains to be seen, but I find it hard to envisage, at least in financial terms, that things are going to get anything but worse. Having said that, I do tend towards pessimism, so I might yet be proven wrong and we'll come up smelling of roses. I'm not holding my breath in expectation of such an outcome, though.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. Hi there, Sammy

    An uneventful, calm day seems good to me: it sounds as if it's helped you get back on a more even keel again.

    Regarding your financial situation, have you thought about talking to Citizens Advice or some equivalent? They might have some ideas or suggestions that could help.

    Take care

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mark
    We went to CAB some time ago, and their advice was, sadly, worse than useless. That episode was one of the initial nudges towards me ending up back in London, before the pondlife came along and gave the final impetus last spring.
    As you say, sometimes a non-event of a day can come in handy, and this has been one of those. I need my equilibrium for my final assessment on Friday, if nothing else, although talking to my manager on Monday, I'm not expecting it to be too onerous - I'm pretty sure he already knows that I know what I'm doing, without wishing to sound complacent. At least the job is an oasis of relative calm, even if all around is chaos.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Calm day, even a rainy one (like here today), can be good.

    At least your wife has another 3 months. Time to prepare. Good luck on that front.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jay
    Still calm, a bit further on. I'm hoping for a continuation.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete