Monday 7 March 2011

Terminal omnivory

I apologise in advance for any typos, but I'm blogging in darkness - literally, not necessarily figuratively! - apart from the light from my laptop screen itself.
I spent the best part of two hours earlier on this evening in a bar at London Victoria station, because, in all honesty, I had little else to do, and that was where I was washed up by the tide of my day. Being at a busy mainline station, there was much in the way of comings and goings during the time I was there, with people having a drink and then, presumably, going off to catch their respective trains. Two people particularly caught my eye, one unusual of late, and one just plain unusual, from my perspective. The first was a young woman, probably just about into her twenties, tall, blonde and in what, to my eye, was nice proportion - certainly not overweight, but not an emaciated looking 'stick insect' either. She had a slightly androgynous look about her, but was certainly easily recognisable as female, and counts as the first woman I've found myself giving more than a second glance to for months on end. The second person was much more unusual, though - in fact, almost unprecedented. It was a young man - and man is the right word, he produced ID on demand to be served at the bar, so he was certainly over 18 - and while he was definitely on the boyish-looking side, he was assuredly 'legal' and then some, but my reaction was still 'bloody hell, he's cute!'. It certainly gave me pause for thought - after all this time, finding an adult male attractive, even if only in an eye candy way, is a new departure for me, and one that is, on first impression, even more of a muddying of the waters than before.
Normality - my normal, that is, not society's - was restored as I was waiting in the ticket office queue, though - a sweet boy of 11 or so, sitting on his suitcase while his family were buying their tickets, more than piqued my interest.
What's the trendy word that's bandied about - 'pansexual'? Hmmmm!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. One can appreciate beauty in all of its forms without it necessarily being sexual in nature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Brian!
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are undoubtedly attractive people of all genders and of pretty much all ages. It's also my personal belief that the vast majority of us is bisexual (though probably with a small percentage being exclusively straight and some exclusively gay).

    I'm in a Civil Partnership with my man - but I do sometimes see younger women (particularly) who I can see are attractive. Doesn't mean I want to get their knickers off though!

    So, Sammy B, have another drink - and enjoy it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Brian, Jay and Micky
    It's all just eye candy, really - if any (or all) of those I looked at last night had shown any interest in me, I'd have probably run a mile, anyway. I can't even properly deal with the relationship I'm in, without looking for anyone else.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete