Sunday 6 March 2011

It's not getting better

Not a reference to the anti-homophobia, anti-bullying campaign, but my personal situation. I'm going back to work tomorrow, but after another wallow in the morass of our finances earlier today, the stress levels are back through the roof, and I'm feeling no better, even with the new medication, than I was when I rang in sick last Sunday. Even if I was feeling 100% healthwise, I'm still going back to a situation I really don't have any appetite for - it's not the job itself, that's the easy bit, it's interesting, challenging to a point, but still well within my compass, and well-paid. It's the being away from home, having no fixed abode, and no prospect of anywhere affordable within sensible commuting distance, and, in all probability, not even having a car after this week, because I can't afford the work that will be needed to get the vehicle through its MOT. The whole benighted scenario is getting to a point where I really do struggle to see why we're still even trying to make it work when that isn't, as far as I can see, a viable option. With the cost of everything going skywards, as well, food, fuel, interest rates rumoured to be following soon, when we can't even afford current prices, and that's before I even start thinking about what's going to happen if and when my wife's job wraps up in June.
Anyway, no sympathy sought or expected, this is just to get the crap off my chest. Hopefully a more normal service will be resumed tomorrow.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. When a certain handbag ruled our country and ran out of money she sold off the family silver to earn the cash to carry on. At least that was the verdict of one of her august predecessors and, I think I'm right in saying, the guy who when PM gave the unthankful bitch her first middle-ranking Ministerial post.

    I guess it's best if you can sell off someone else's but that's a neater trick to pull off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Micky
    Not much silver around here, sadly!
    I don't normally do too much politics in the blog, but I get the feeling that your take on the 'Milk Snatcher' isn't too far removed from mine, which, given that my dad was a coal miner, and had a heart attack during the 1984/5 strike, which, while it didn't kill him outright, certainly hastened his demise, probably doesn't take too much imagination to deduce. Mind you, I've no more time for that @*^%$?> numbskull Scargill, either.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. June is still a long way away. Don't be stressing now about June, just take things a week at a time. Hopefully things will work out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Brian
    June is the least of my worries at the moment, getting to my next payday is enough to be going on with, as well as going back to being away at work from tomorrow. We'll keep battling on, what else is there to do, after all?

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete