Wednesday 2 March 2011

More of the same, and more besides

The doctor's appointment has come and gone, and I'm now on three pills a day, rather than two, for a trial four week period. The doctor doesn't think anything has particularly changed, having gone through the standard stethoscope and sphygmomanometer routine, plus an additional oxygen concentration test to make sure my circulation is still circulating, so I suppose that's reassuring to a point. In essence, the prescription given to me by the cardiologist I saw last year still stands - 'chill out'. Easier said than done when you're waiting for the sky to fall sometime soon. I've decided to take the rest of the week off, to give the new medication a chance to kick in, and go back to work next Monday, unless there's any deterioration in the interim, and I've rung in to advise the roster clerk accordingly. I can't afford to be off for another month, like last Spring, so I haven't got a great deal of choice, really.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

3 comments:

  1. At least it isn't something more serious! Thank God for that at least. The rest will do you good. And, you're getting to post and write.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, Sammy

    Thanks for the update; I hope the increased dosage is effective. Taking the rest of the week off sounds like a good idea too.

    Take care

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mark
    I'm keeping my fingers, and a few other bits, crossed in hope that the extra pills will do the trick. The next few days will tell, I suspect.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete