Wednesday 9 March 2011

More adventures in cheap(ish) hotel land

Another week, another dodgy hotel room! At least it's not subterranean, like the hobbit hole (although, to be fair, I didn't mind it there, and would probably be there now if I'd been able to book a room), this one's three stories above the District Line in West London, with tubes passing about every thirty seconds. At least it's easy to get to and from work, the tube station is about two minutes' walk away, which means I'll get a lie-in until a positively sybaritic 5:30 in the morning.
And that's the story of my day, really - work, check into the hotel, laptop, soon to be bedtime. What an overwhelmingly exciting life I'm leading here in the big city! I suppose that's the way with big cities generally - millions of people, but disproportionately more people on their own than a village or small town. It's a good job that I've got an insular streak that allows me to be happy in my own company.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I know when I was forced to travel while working for the army, my co-workers were perfectly happy to sit in the motel/hotel/officers club bar and drink themselves silly. Me? I had to get out and see the places we visited! Hey, if the government is going to force me to be there, I'm going to suck all I can out of it! Get out there and give it a go!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    A goodly part of the reason for me sitting in my room and internetting rather than doing anything more mind expanding was personal choice - I was still pretty tired after the previous day, and couldn't raise the enthusiasm to go out and about. When I was living in London before, I saw quite a lot of the area, including most of the major museums and galleries, and, once I get myself a more permanent pied a terre, which should be sooner rather than later, I'll endeavour to do the same again.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete