Tuesday 1 March 2011

Out to lunch, and (nearly) a kindred spirit

My wife is taking most of this week off, to use up her outstanding leave before the end of the financial year, and with me being back on the sick list pending my doctor's appointment tomorrow, but not actually bedridden (although still feeling decidedly substandard if I actually try and do anything much), we decided to go out for lunch today. It could be said that it's not the best use of our few remaining financial resources, but having a bit of civilised, quality 'us' time after recent frictions made it, in my opinion, anyway, a worthwhile expedition. The cracks are still there, thinly papered over, but if we don't even try to find a way to make things work more congenially, we really are in trouble.
Cyberspace is a pretty big place, and I can't claim to have perused more than a tiny fraction of it. Within the small corner I've visited through blogging, though, something I've seen in the last hour or so is, I think, a first in my experience - someone other than me publicly admitting to an attraction to boys under the (UK) age of consent. It was in the profile of a Tumblr blogger - it was a link from a link from a link, and I doubt I'll be able to find it again, as I stupidly forgot to make a note of the address - who described himself as an ephebophile, attracted to 13 to 17 year olds. A couple of years older than my AoA, but with a significant overlap, at least. I had no expectation that I was unique, but the knowledge that I'm not the only person doing my best to come to terms with this issue offers a modicum of reassurance.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. milkboys.org has a number of older guys on it who identify as ephebophiles, including the guy who runs it, Josh. Perhaps it is easier in Germany, but he is indeed a brave man, as the site attracts a lot of attention to him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Billy
    Thanks for your feedback, although this post has rather been overtaken by events today. Josh is certainly a braver man than me, having a much higher profile. Much kudos to him.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete