Wednesday 2 March 2011

Prolixity and pulchritude

Four posts in one day! I'll doubtless wear my welcome very thin before long.
Well, I've managed to surpass myself this evening - I go to an information meeting about GCSE options at my daughter's school, an all-girls grammar, and do no more than trip over, almost literally, a cute boy. He was evidently the younger brother of one of my daughter's coevals who'd been brought along on what he no doubt found a thrilling(!) outing.
He wasn't the only beauty on view this evening, though - there are clear skies here at the moment, and more or less a new moon, so there are substantially more stars visible than normal, even to the naked eye. A nice end, at least, to a rather difficult day.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. Ah, school meetings! And all the angst that go with them. At least there was eye candy to ease the pain!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    Thank you for your feedback on all of my musings on my day. Last night's 'spitting my dummy out' exercise didn't exactly set a cheerful tone, but it was nobody's fault but mine - as I said, no-one has any obligation to massage my ego, nor should they.
    As is often the case with me, a low mood triggered a bout of navel-gazing self-pity, with a slight undertone of, perhaps, justifiable frustration that I would be damned by many simply for what I want rather than what I actually do.
    In contrast, the latter part of the day was much more congenial, the doctor's diagnosis being as positive as I might have expected, and the sweet boy and starscape both being lovely to look at. Life's rarely all bad, if I look at things realistically.
    Thank you again for your friendship and support, it's greatly appreciated.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. One thing is for sure: I will NEVER condemn you!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jay
    Thank you!

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete