Wednesday 23 March 2011

Work, travel, sleep, travel, work

That cycle is filling my entire time at the moment, certainly until I get back home, sometime mid-morning-ish tomorrow. At least I haven't got time to get bored, not that boredom is really something I ever have to deal with - not enough hours in the day is a far more common complaint. Maybe it's the dreaded chariots of time pursuing me, but I almost always feel that there would be more I could do, if I had the opportunity - to paraphrase 'Parkinson's Law', life seems to expand to fill the available time, and being bored simply isn't a productive use of what time there is.
I overheard a thoroughly bizarre conversation on the bus to the station this afternoon, between two college age lads (18/19-ish) sitting behind me, on the subject of whether Spiderman is gay. Leaving aside the obvious objection that he's a fictional character, what difference does it make either way? If you were in some kind of mortal peril, would the first question you'd ask your friendly local superhero be about his sexual orientation? After a few minutes, at least one of the interlocutors seemed to realise the absurdity of the discussion, when he said 'I don't believe we're having this conversation'. Frankly, neither did I.
Thanks very much to Jacob for becoming my latest follower. I hope, as with everyone kind enough to visit my blog, that you find something of interest.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment