Sunday 21 August 2011

'Fifty years of....something'

An unintentionally apposite remark my wife came out with on the way back from our shopping trip an hour or so ago. It was elicited by her seeing part of the logo on a flag, near a well-known local landmark which is celebrating its fiftieth anniversary this year - I have no doubt that the flag was linked to the semicentennial. Particularly in my present state of mind, though, it could be a reasonable summary of what my life has amounted to (yeah, I know my semicentennial was last year but I'm applying a bit of literary license). Fifty (one) years of....something. Something worthwhile? I have my doubts.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

1 comment:

  1. Not worthwhile? A wonderful wife, a fantastic daughter! That's worthwhile. I'm sure your current problems will work themselves out, and life will likely be happy with these times behind you.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete