Sunday 21 August 2011

Précis

I've been trying to come up with a sensible response to those who have been kind enough to respond to my downbeat posts over what has been a difficult weekend for me. I've written quite a long 'response' but it's getting bogged down by tiredness and feelings of pretension, so I'll curtail my reply by saying I'm so grateful to Jay, Randy, Tony, Daniel and Brian for their feedback, and to those others who may have simply read my blog, and to reiterate that I'll try and reply more comprehensively over the next day or two.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

3 comments:

  1. Brother,
    What ever you do, remember we love you.
    -randy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sammy,
    You're a friend here. We support you and care about you. Even when the posts are downbeat, we'll be here and try to be supportive. You don't need to explain yourself or come up with responses to our comments if you don't want to, our friendship is here in any case...
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just never know what might change in the future.

    In my twenties, living happily with my lover boy in a community which just thought we were another couple of young men sharing a house out of convenience - I thought I was set up for life.

    Back then I never thought we'd have an equality age of consent, that we'd be able to get married and foster or adopt kids and that if someone insulted us it would be a criminal offence.

    The world I grew up in as a gay young man, too young to 'consent' has changed beyond anything I could possibly have hoped for - or even imagined. We just never know how circumstances might change.

    ReplyDelete